Saturday, November 27, 2010

An Explosion of Speech

This past week Meghan's speech has developed incredibly. She is speaking in sentences and repeating everything. She will come up with words out of the blue. On Friday I bought her a memory game that has cards with all sorts of objects on them. When I took the game out Meghan began identifying the images. Most of the things I knew she could already recognize because they were familiar like phone and crayons. When we got to lady bug and she said it I was completely surprised.

The things Meghan used to say that weren't very clear have suddenly become clear. She used to say "Tee Too" for thank you and now it is just a clear thank you. Many of her new words aren't clear but they are understandable and cute as can be. I told Meghan tonight it was time for bed and she raced into her room. When I asked her what pajamas she wanted to wear she said "monk jammy" which translates to monkey pajamas.

During my black Friday shopping I found some Sesame Street ornaments. Meghan really wanted to hold them so I took them out of the package and gave them to her. I'm not sure what I was thinking because soon after I gave them to her Elmo was missing a leg, Abby was missing an arm, and Oscar was headless. I told Meghan they were broken and had to go to the hospital to be fixed. While they were drying on the counter she kept asking to "see Abby" and telling me "Abby broke". After they were dry I gave Abby back to Meghan. Kevin told her she had to be nice to Abby because she was broken but is fixed now. Meghan went around the rest of the day saying "Abby broke, nice" and petting Abby's head. Tonight while I was putting her to bed she hit me in the head on accident. She then said "Mommy, ah you broke?...I sowry...I kiss" and kissed my head.

I am loving every minute of the stage Meghan is in right now.

No comments: