Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Almost November

 This was at the end of September.  It had finally cooled off enough to use the backyard.  Nolan was pretty happy in the swing.  When it went high he got a little unsure, but still enjoyed it.
The usual monthly picture.  This one was 10 months.  Nolan is happy as always.  We really are blessed with a very happy baby.  He is always happy and smiling. 
 He's also climbing now too.  While I was making breakfast he climbed right up into the bouncer.  He was quite proud of himself too.
He now climbs into the cabinets, and empties them.  I guess it's time for us to get some child locks.
 We went to the pumpkin patch.  Meghan enjoyed feeding the goats.
She mastered the hay maze on the first try.  She is such a beautiful little girl, and growing up so fast.
Trying to get both Meghan and Nolan to look at the camera for a picture was challenging to say the least.  And then, when they are finally both looking the sun comes out making their faces too white.  Oh well.  Someday I will get a picture of them both looking at the camera.
All Nolan wants to do now is move around.  Trying to get him to sit on Meghan's lap was nearly impossible.
 We have a stander....Nolan is now standing on his own.  He can even get to standing position without lifting himself up on anything.  I think he will be walking soon.
Now that Nolan is a little more interactive Meghan enjoys playing games with him.  In this one she sets the farm animals on the top of the farm and flicks them off while Nolan chases after them.  Kevin started a game where you have to stand up all the animals before Nolan pushes them over.  Nolan usually wins.

11 months!  Wow!  I can't believe in a month Nolan will be one year old.  He is such a fun little boy.  He has four teeth now.  Two on top and two on bottom.  He is about to have two more on top.  Today he said his first word, I think.  Kevin took him in to wake Meghan up for school and told him to say hi to Meghan.  He responded with "I".  when Kevin called me in and told him to say hi to Meghan he did it again and included a little wave.  Another big milestone came tonight when I was holding him and asked if I could have a hug.  He leaned in and put his arms around me, put his head on my chest, and squeezed.  It melts my heart.  He is cruising around everywhere with his push toys.  He definitely has the strength and the balance to walk, he just hasn't tried it yet.  Whenever we try to get him to take a step he immediately drops to his knees and crawls.  Truthfully, I'm not ready for him to start walking.  I want him to stay my little baby forever.

No comments: