Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's been a while...

I know, it's been a long while since I have made a blog post. These last two weeks have been busy. Meghan was sick last week/weekend (read: Kevin got covered in puke). Then I had conferences which meant I was at school until 7:30 Tuesday and Thursday with a high fever too. Turns out I had strep throat, occupational hazard I suppose.

Saturday was a fairly nice day, cloudy but warm. Today on the other hand was rainy and cold. Meghan wore a sweatsuit for the first time in many months. I should have been writing lesson plans today like a good teacher but instead I decided to spend some time doing things I like to do. You know, the hobbies we often never have time for. For me those hobbies are cooking/baking, crafting, and taking and editing pictures.

I made chili this morning in the crock pot since it was a cold and wet day. While Meghan slept this afternoon I made her some hair bows. You can see the fruits of my labor below. Then I took some pictures of the cutie and enhanced them a little since it was a cloudy day. Finally I made white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. And of course I can't forget my favorite thing, playing with Meghan. She's so interactive now, I love it!

I think the hair bow turned out great. Next time I will make the base brown too, I just didn't have any small brown ribbon.

This is Meghan's favorite face. She always makes it when she's hamming it up.

The cat thought she was being smart and hiding from Meghan. Instead, Meghan had the cat boxed in.

No comments: