Saturday, January 2, 2010

What a Mess

Compared to any other family with a one year old we have very few toys. We don't really spoil Meghan with toys considering she finds the laundry basket and baking cups quite entertaining. That said, her toys are still everywhere. I originally bought two canvas tubs to hold the toys. This works but Meghan doesn't play with all her toys anymore. Developmentally it would be more appropriate for her toys to be all laid out so she can see them and choose one from there. But our house is way to small for that. So, I am on a mission to find a way to better store her toys.

Notice the Gerber cardboard in the background? Everyone tells us Meghan looks like the Gerber Baby. That cardboard is actually preventing her from getting into the fireplace.

Now, on to the picture. It isn't anything to write home about. Just Meghan in a mess of toys. I was practicing shooting in full manual mode without a flash. I hate flash, it makes pictures look terrible. There isn't much natural light in our house so the picture has a lot of digital noise. I think it is still okay for my first attempt at full manual. I am learning. Now, I really want a prime lens with a lower f-stop so I can get better pictures in low light. For now I will master my kit lens.

No comments: